Dear Readers, happy to share that "My Little blog turned 2 last week". I'd like to thank each one of you for this incredible journey wouldn't have been possible without your inputs, motivation, appreciation
Stay safe, take care! :)
To celebrate my happiness, here is an easy recipe of Orange cake with no Egg, No Butter!!! This absolutely fuss free, quick yet simple orange cake with Whole wheat flour ........ yes, you heard right !! :) This is the best orange cake I have ever made, Since before posting I tried several times and it turned out great. This is easy, quick recipe that you must try on "Valentines Day". Do try out this extremely soft and light cake with a cup of hot tea/coffee. Its a Vegan orange cake recipe that is so moist yet delicious with every bite.
Prep Time :15 Min
Cook Time: 25-30 Min
- Whole wheat flour/atta - 1 cup
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder - !/2 tsp
- Regular/Powdered Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Orange Zest -1 tsp
- Custard powder - 1 tbsp ( I used Vanilla Flavor )
- Salt - A pinch
- Orange Juice - 1 cup - 1tsp
- Veteable/olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Preheat your oven at 180 C / 350 F. Sieve Sieve whole wheat at a, baking soda, making powder, powdered sugar, custard powder and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a bowl take oil and sugar and mix until sugar well combined. you can use beater to mix it nicely.
- Add oranje juice and orange zest and stir it. You can also add fresh homemade orange juice but make sure strain the juice completely.
- Slowly add served flour mixture and stir it gently. Mix it well and make a lumpier cake batter.
- Transfer cake batter into lined and greased cake tin. Give it gentle tap to release the excess air bubbles.
- bake cake foe 25-30 minutes.Check by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake. If it comes out clear then cake is ready.
- Slowly transfer the baked cake on wire rack to cool down.
- Serve warm orange cake slices with hot cup of tea !!!
- Cake stays good for 2-3 days if refrigerate properly.
- If you are using fresh orange juice, make sure to make it just before making cake. If you keep juice longer time, this will spoiled the taste of cake.