Greetings to everyone!! Finally I am back after sum busy peasy work...... Welcome 2016 with this tempting, lip smacking Onion Tomato Chutney!!
My Family always Preferred idli, dosa with coconut Chutney for breakfast. I always make different variety of chutney that gives different taste and flavors. Onion Tomato Chutney is very easy to make during hurry mornings. Chutney playing most important role in chats, breakfast and snacks !! I know everybody making this chutney, but there so many methods to make this chutney....
I have severe this chutney with easy No Soaking no fermenting Bread dosa and Cooked rice Idli. You can also served this chutney with bread or chapati. Do try out this versatile chutney........!!!! :) :)
Checkout Other Chutney Recipes,Coconut Coriander Chutney, Chili Garlic Chutney etc.
Onion (chopped) - 3 small
Tomato( chopped) - 1 & 1/2
Red chilli's - 3-4
Bengal gram/ Roasted Daliya - 1 tbsp
Jaggery - 1 tsp
Tamarind - 1 piece
Oil - 1tbsp
Oil - 1tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 5-6
- Gather all the ingredients. Heat oil in kadai. Add onion and red chili's, saute till onions gets nice golden brown color.
- Add tomatoes with salt, tamarind and jaggery, bengal gram and stir for a minute. turn off the gas. Let it aside to cool down completely.
- Transfer it to the mixie and ground into smooth paste.
- Heat small kadai and add oil for tadka. Add cumin,mustard, hing and curry leaves, salute foe few seconds and turn off the flame. Pour this tadka over chutney and mix well.
- Serve Chutney with Idli or Dosa...... !!
- Adjust red chili according to your taste.
- You can also add piece of ginger to gives a different taste.