I always Preferred to make sprouts at home, I am truly enjoying this process as its very easy, quick and fuss free. Today I am sharing easy and quick way to make sprouts at home without any cloth or sprouter. This is my moms recipe, the sprouts were regular in my moms kitchen in the form of khichdi, dry subji, chat etc. I always thought it includes too much work, then mom told me this method and trust me this works wonder !!!
Sprouts are very nutritious and healthy food.They are very good source of Vitamin A,B,C and E, Folic acid, Fibre ,Potassium, rich source of omega-3 and omega -6 fatty acids and much much more. Making sprouts at home is very cheap, fresh and hygienic. If you are newbie in kitchen then I would suggest this easy way to make sprouts at home within very less time. It should take 1 & 1/2 day to grow sprouts. Here is my easy way ..........
Soaking time : 8 hours
Sprouting Time : 12 hours
Green moong : 1 cup
Water : As needed
- Wash and soak moong gram in water, make sure they are fully submerged.
- Soak for atleast 7-8 hours or overnight.
- Next Morning, the beans are looks like soft and plump up. Transfer it to colander and drain all the water completely.
- Keep the small bowl under the colander, make sure the bowl should be wide enough.
- Cover the colander using plate, beans are not touching the plate. Transfer the bowl into microwave or Oven 10-12 hours. Microwave or oven should be switched OFF.
- After 12 hours Green moong are sprouted well. take out sprouts and wash well, keep refrigerated.
- Use Sprouts within 4-5 days.
- Drain all the water from sprouts completely as water cause foul smell and you may not consume them.
- In winter soak green moong in lukewarm water.
- Same way you can sprouts Cow peas, chana, moth beans, dry green peas etc.