Prep Time : 6 hours or overnight
Cook Time: 12-15 min
Soaked Sago/Sabudana - 1/2 cup
Milk - 2 to 2&1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Dry-fruits - 1 tbsp
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
Ghee - 1 tsp
Saffron - 4-5 strings
- Wash and soak sabudana in enough water for 5-6 hours or overnight. Water should same level as sabudana, do not put exta water else it will get sticky.
- In a kadai, add milk and bring it to boil. In a bowl take 1 tbsp boiled milk and dissolve saffron and keep aside. Roast dryfruits in a tsp of ghee till golden color and set aside.
- Add soaked sabudana and let it simmer for 7-8 minutes till sabudana completely cooked.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron milk. Stir well and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Turn off the gas and keep aside.
- Kheer will thicken as it cool down completely so make sure to keep consistency little thinner.
- Serve warm kheer with dollap of ghee.