Scratching your head what to do with leftover rice ?? Then dont panic, today I am sharing easy "Rice Vada" with leftover rice. This is perfect tea time crispy snack which can be made with very few ingredients. No special ingredient needed for this recipe, all are available in your kitchen pantry. In this recipe, I used morning leftover rice and made this crunchy snack for my daughter and husband. They both loved it. Served with tomato ketchup, Green Chutney.
Checkout other easy snacks recipes, Aloo Kurkure, Soya Broccoli Cutlets, 5 min Microwave Dhokla, Corn Candy, Spinach Pakoda etc.
Prep time: 7-8 min
Total Time: 20
Makes: 10 - 12
Leftover Rice - 1 cup
Jowar flour - 3/4 to1cup
Rice flour/corn flour - 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds/jeera - 1 tap
Green chili paste - 1 tsp
Turmeric/haldi - 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves - 2 tsp
Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - Deep frying
- Add rice into mixer jar and run mixer for 10 sec. as we dont want smooth paste, just coarse paste.
- Add jeera, chili paste, coriander leaves, turmeric, salt and rice flour. Combine well.
- Add jowar flour slowly, 1 tsp at a time. Kneed slowly till you get the semi-thick dough consistency. Add more flour, if required.
- Divide balls and apply little oil on your palms and flatten them gently. Make hole in the centre and sprinkle some sesame seeds and keep Aside.
- Deep fry these vada on medium heat till it turn out golden brown in color. Transfer it to paper towel to drain all the excess oil.
- Serve hot vadas with cardamom tea.
- If the rice is day old, sprinkle some water and pressure cook for 5-10 min without whistle.
- You can use whole wheat flour also.
- Do not make vada too early else it will loose crispyness.
- Serve hot and eat hot.