Today I am sharing one of the easiest and simplest way to make "Instant Homemade Khoya/Mawa" within just 3 minutes. Yes....... you heard right!! :) Ganesh Chathurti is coming and khoya modak is one of the quick and easy recipe, can be made within few minutes. It is fresh and hygienic, I am sure you will forget those store ones
Most of the Indian sweets requies a quality khoya which is not easily available in here. The traditional method of making khoya which needs long time standing and lengthy process. So I am come with this instant version. I made "quick khoya/mava modak" this homemade mawa. These are absolutely delectable and fuss-free. You can also checkout traditional recipe of "Ukdiche Modak".
Cook time : 2-3 minutes
Yield - 1 cup
Ingredients for Homemade Mawa:
Milk powder - 1 cup
Ghee - 2&1/2 tbsp
Milk - 1/4 cup + 2bsp ( adjust according to make thick consistency)
Prep time: 10 min.
Makes - 6 big / 12 small
Ingredients for Khoya Modak:
Homemade Khoya - 1 cup
Powdered sugar - 1/4 to 1/3 cup
Cardamom powder - a pinch
Nutmeg powder - a pinch
How to make Homemade Mawa :
- In a microwave safe bowl, take milk powder and ghee and mix well.
- Slowly add milk and make lump free mixture, stir well.
- Keep bowl in microwave for 1 min. After every 30 seconds, stir the mixture and keep it again. It will get foamy and little thick after two minutes. Stir again.
- I wanted more brownish colour so kept it for another 1 minute in microwave and it looks perfect and bit dry . If your mawa ready in 2 minutes then stir it and keep it in the fridge.
- Cover and keep the bowl in fridge for 1 hour. It will be dry/thick once it cool down completely.
- After cooling it down, kneed it and make soft dough.
How to make Modak:
- Take out the mawa from fridge. Knead well and make dough.
- Add powderded sugar, cardamom and nutmeg powder, mix well.
- Grease modak mold with little powdered sugar. Keep the mixture inside and gently open the mold. You will get beautiful modak.
- Serve this yummy modak to Ganpati.
- To make more healthy, you can use fat free milk powder.
- If you want you can add kesar/saffron while making khoya.
- Mawa stays fresh for 3/4 days, if refrigerated.
- Add milk slowly in mawa mixture.
- Do not microwave for long time, else mawa gets harder.