Here is the easy, simple and delicious Cabbage stir fry which is very common in every households. Cabbage stir fry can be made with different combinations like potatoes, chana dal, soya beans etc. Today I am using green peas here to give some taste and addition of lemon juice to enhance the flavor. Serve this cabbage stir fry with hot rice and chapathi.
Prep Time :10 min
Total Time:30 min
Serves : 2
Cabbage ( finely chopped) - 2 cup
Green peas - 1/2 cup
Oil - 2 tsp
Ginger/ Garlic ( chopped) - 1 tbsp
Hing/ Asafetida - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - 4/5
Green chilies (chopped) - 2 no
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Garam masala - 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 1/4 tsp
Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
Salt - to taste
- Microwave frozen peas for 30-40 sec. and keep aside. Chop, wash and rinse cabbage and keep it aside.
- In a pan add oil, once oil gets hot add curry leaves, ginger,garlic, green chilies and hing. Let it spluttered then add cabbage and green peas. Stir again.
- Add turmeric, garam masala, salt and sugar, mix well. Let it cook on medium flame for 10 min. Keep stiring in between to avoid burning.
- When the cabbage is cooked, add lemon juice and coriander leaves. Stir again and turn off the gas.
- Serve hot cabbage stir fry with steamed rice or chapathi.