If you are bored of eating same dosa, then you must try this healthy and instant dosa which doesnt require fermentation. Yes, you heard it right!! absolutely healthy, instant and quick crispy dosa especially for diet watchers ;) I followed this recipe during my diet days. Its easy, filling, healthy yet super crunchy. Everyone loved this in my family. Now this moong dal dosa have entered in my breakfast list. Do try out and share your feedback !!
Serve hot dosa with Dry Peanut Chutney/ Coconut Coriander Chutney with simple Bournvita shake.You can also see "No soaking, No fermenting Bread Dosa"
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yellow Moong Dal : 1 cup
Warm water : 1 & 1/2 cup
Ginger : 1 inch piece
Garlic : 2-3 pods
Green chilies : 2
Jeera/cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Onion(finely chopped) : 1 small
Salt : to taste
Oil/ghee : to roast
- Wash,rinse and soak moong dal in warm water for 20-25 minutes. cover it and let it aside.
- Meanwhile chop onion finely. In a mixer jar add soaked dal with cumin, ginger, garlic, green chilies, salt and grind into smooth batter. Add water in between if needed. Adjust consistency like regular dosa batter.
- Heat tawa/iron griddle on medium flame, sprinkle some oil lightly. Take spoonful batter and gently spread dosa in circular rounds. ( if using nonstick pan, then you dont need to sprinkle oil on the pan since you wont able to spread dosa properly.)
- Sprinkle some chop onions on dosa and drizzle sum ghee/ oil and let it cook the base and when the top is cooked, fold and serve the dosa immediately. You can also cook dosa both sides.
- Serve Dosa with Coconut chutney.
- I used warm water to soak dal quickly. If you want you can soak dal in normal water for atleast 2 hours.
- You can add coriander leaves in batter to give extra taste.