Nothing says comfort more than a warm bowl of tomato soup !! Yes, today I am sharing one of the easy, quick and delectable Tomato soup recipe. In Many restaurants, when you will open the menu, you will definitely see tomato soup.This is the perfect and filling appetizer. Everywhere the consistency of soup is thick or thin or sum-tines its too tangy in taste. I generally dont added cornflour or any thickening ingredient....... This is my way of making low calorie homemade tomato soup!! :)
If you have never made your own tomato soup, you should really try it. It's so easy and the final product is so flavorful I promise you'll be licking the bowl. You can also see easy Carrot soup recipe.
Prep Time:8-10 min
Total time: 25 min
Tomato - 5 ( I used Roma tomatoes)
Beetroot - 1/2 or less
Onion ( Finely chopped) - 1 medium size
Bay leave/ Tejpan - 1
Ghee/butter - 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder - 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Water - 1/4 to 1/2 cup
Salt - to taste
- Wash and chop tomatoes roughly. Wash, peel and chop beetroot roughly. In a pressure cooker add a tsp of ghee with bay leaves or tejpan, Add chopped onions and ginger garlic paste, fry it till it becomes slightly golden pink.
- Add chopped tomatoes and beetroot with 1 & 1/2 cup water. Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Meantime cut the bread slices finely and make small pieces. Heat pan with little ghee or butter and slightly roast bread chunks from both sides till they are golden brown. keep them aside.
- after released all the pressure, carefully open cooker and keep aside to cool down completely.
- Remove tejpan aside and grind the mixture into smooth paste, I used my hand mixer. You can use blender or mixer also. Strained all the mixture into strainer.
- Heat pan with strainer mixture on medium flame. Add pepper powder, salt, sugar and water, stir well. Let it boil for another 4-5 minutes and turn off the gas.
- Garnish soup with toasted bread chunks and serve hot !! :)
- You can use more or less sugar as it totally depends on tanginess of tomatoes you used.
- Adjust the thickness or consistency of soup as per your liking.
- Use ripe red tomatoes, do not use unripe tomatoes.
- I added beetroot here to gives bright red color to soup.
- If you want to thick creamy soup: a) take1 tbsp cornflour with water and make lumpfree batter and then add into soup or b) Use fresh malai or heavy cream to gives extra taste. c) You can add 1 tbsp rice before pressure cook the tomatoes.