I Cant Believe that making condensed milk at home is so easy and quick !! In many dessert or baking recipes condensed milk is staple ingredient which gives rich texture and flavor. I got introduced to this milky ingredient when I came here in USA and that was my first experiment of making coconut laddoos. I remember, usually my mom used mawa in many desserts to give rich taste. Many times when I wanted to make dessert, I ran to store and bought this expensive stuff. One day my neighborhood aunty suggested me this recipe and it turned out same like store bought one.I totally love this Instant version with 4 handy ingredients........!! :) Try out this easy, affordable Condensed Milk without any preservatives and used in any desserts like Carrot Halwa, Chocolate Ladoo, !
Prep Time: 5-6 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Makes: 3/4 cup
Milk powder - 1/2 cup
Butter - 1.5 tbsp
Boiled water - 1/4 cup
Powdered/Granulated or Icing Sugar - 3 tbsp
- In a small voke boiled water until bubbles appear and turned off gas. In a mixing bowl, add milk powder, icing sugar, butter and boiled water.
- Ground into smooth paste. Let it cool down and store it into airtight container.
- It stays fresh upto 4-5 days in refrigerator, if properly handled.
- Use clean spoon every time.
- You can use Nestle or Amul milk powder.
- The tendency of condensed milk is thick and rich. Condensed milk thickens once it cool downs. So add little hot water to adjust consistency.
- You can also reduce the sugar quantity as per your taste.