Today I am sharing one of the famous dish from India is '' Mango Sheera/Mango Kesari/ Mango Suji Halwa. Recipe, texture would differ from state to state but the basic ingredients are same. Its nothing but rava/semolina halwa with addition of mango flavor, which gives a nice, aromatic fruity flavor to halwa. In mango season, I would prefer to make this halwa and we all love this..... !! I am not a fan of desserts but likes few dishes. This is the one, I love it so much.
In most households in India, Sheera is for breakfast or for puja as a prasad. Main ingredient while making sheera is 'ghee', it gives rich taste. My mom always makes this without any measurement, we feel crazy to have this again and again....... :)
Checkout other Mango Recipes:
- Semolina/Suji/Rava - 1/2 cup
- Mango Puree - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cashews - 7-8
- Pista (chopped) - 1 tsp
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Wash, peel mangoes and make puree from pulp and keep aside. Boil milk on medium flame, meantime heat ghee in pan/kadai and roast cashews till golden brown. Set aside.
- In same pan, add suji and roast till slightly brown. Keep stiring in between to avoid burning. Add boiled milk slowly and stir it to avoid any lumps.
- Add sugar, mango puree and cardamom powder. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Add roasted cashew and give it a stir, cover it and turn off the flame.